General InformationManufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Manufacturer Part Number: JL557A#ABA
Manufacturer Website Address: www.hpe.com
Brand Name: Aruba
Product Series: 2930F
Product Name: 2930F 48G PoE+ 4SFP 740W Switch
Marketing Information: The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach. These Layer 3 access switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba AirWave. With support from Aruba Central, you can quickly set up remote branch sites with little or no IT support. A powerful Aruba ProVision ASIC delivers performance and flexibility to meet the needs of today and tomorrow's network programmability and automation requirements. Stacking with Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) provides simplicity and scalability. The 2930F supports built-in 1GbE or 10GbE uplinks, PoE+, Access OSPF routing, Tunnel Node, robust QoS, RIP routing, and IPv6 with no software licensing required.
The Aruba 2930F Switch Series provides a convenient and costeffective access switch solution that can be quickly set up with Zero Touch Provisioning and built-in 10GbE uplinks. The robust Layer 3 feature set includes a limited lifetime warranty
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Unified Wired and Wireless ?
- Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager supports unified wired and wireless policies using Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager ?
- Switch auto-configuration automatically configures switch for different settings such as VLAN, CoS, PoE max. power, and PoE priority when an Aruba access point is detected ?
- User Role defines a set of switch-based policies in areas such as security, authentication, and QoS. A user role can be assigned to a group of users or devices, using switch-based local user role or download from ClearPass ?
- Tunnel Node provides a secure tunnel that transports network traffic on a per-port or per-user role basis to an Aruba Controller. In a per-user role Tunnel Node, users are authenticated by the ClearPass Policy Manager which directs traffic to be tunneled to an Aruba controller or switch locally ?
- HTTP redirect function supports HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) bring your own device (BYOD) solution ?
- Static IP visibility allows ClearPass to do accounting for clients with static IP address
- Supports multiple programmatic interfaces, including REST APIs and Openflow 1.0 and 1.3, to enable automation of network operations, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p) Allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues ?
- Layer 4 prioritization enables prioritization based on TCP/ UDP port numbers ?
- Class of Service (CoS) sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue minimums ?
- Large buffers provide graceful congestion management ?
- Unknown Unicast Rate Limiting throttles unicast packets with unknown destination addresses and limits flooding on the VLAN
Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Interfaces/PortsTotal Number of Network Ports: 48
Uplink Port: Yes
Stack Port: No
Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Media & PerformanceMedia Type Supported: Optical Fiber
Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
Network Technology: 10GBase-X
I/O ExpansionsNumber of Total Expansion Slots: 4
Expansion Slot Type: SFP
Shared SFP Slot: No
Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & CommunicationLayer Supported: 3
Management & ProtocolsManageable: Yes
Power DescriptionPower Source: Power Supply
Physical CharacteristicsCompatible Rack Unit: 1U
Form Factor: Rack-mountable
Weight (Approximate): 10.56 lb
WarrantyLimited Warranty: Lifetime
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.